Here is quick tutorial on how to delete browsing history. When the computer is shared, it is sometimes necessary to maintain privacy by eliminating data that your browser stores on pages that have been visited. In order to maintain your privacy while surfing the Internet , especially in a public or a library where a line of people waiting to use the equipment when you go, you must clear the history before logging. The history is easier to see the list of websites that you entered in the address bar, because that’s where all the world access to websites that they want to see.
Also Read : How to clean all Chrome data with One Click
Deleting browsing history on the two most popular browsers Internet Explorer and Firefox, is similar and simple. In Safari, a user must enhance and lock or delete an archive file on the disk drive.
How to Delete Browsing History ?
This article explains in simple steps how to delete the browsing history of the 4 main browsers mostly used for Internet browsing: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Delete Browsing History in Internet Explorer 8 :
- Open Internet Explorer and click on “Tools“.
- A drop down menu will appear, Click “Internet Options” .
- Click on the “General” tab, and then click “Delete …” under “Browsing history”.
- Select the checkbox next to “History“.
- Click the “Delete” and wait for it to clear history. When you click on the address bar, nothing is displayed.
Delete Browsing History in Mozilla Firefox :
- Open Firefox and click on “Tools“. A drop down menu will appear.
- Click “Options …” .
- Click on the “Privacy“.
- Click “Settings” in the “Private Data“.
- Click the check boxes next to “Browsing History” and “Saved Form and Search History“.
- Click “OK” and then click “Clear Now” in the “Private Data” to clear the record of the address bar.
Delete Browsing History in Google Chrome :
To clear the history in Google Chrome you should follow these steps :
- Go to the top right of the screen and click on the button symbolizing a wrench.
- Select the “Options“.
- Once the menu box is deployed choose the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the “Clear browsing data“.
- A new menu is displayed. To clean total data, verify that all boxes are checked.
- Finally click on “Clear browsing data“.
Delete Browsing History in Safari ( Mac OS) :
- Open the Safari Web browser and click on “Edit” in the toolbar. A drop down menu will appear.
- Click “Reset Safari …”.
- Check each item that appears in the “Reset Safari” and then click “Reset“. This will delete all history that appears in Safari, but we must go further to remove entries from the address bar.
- Click the folder “Users” on the desktop and then click your user name. Go to the “Library” folder and click on “Safari“. Inside this folder there are files with the extension “. Plist” Find the file “history.Safari.plist“.
- Click “Get Info” and then locks the file so that it can not access the URLs in the address bar of Safari. When you start Safari, no URLs in the address bar are displayed and the computer will not be able to save any URL because the file “historia.Safari.plist” has been blocked. You can also delete the file because it will create a new one the next time you start Safari. It might be a good idea if you want to access the information again or save a backup that you can restore later.
Delete Browsing History Using CCleaner :
If using more than one browser, the easiest option may be to use the free software CCleaner . This program lets you delete the browsing history of all the programs that are used to surf the Internet simultaneously.
CCleaner also removes other computer files such as temporary files and empty the recycle bin.
Tip : To effectively remove CCleaner browsing history, different browsers must be closed before running this software for cleaning .
Incoming search terms:
- priceleaf chrome