Want to know How to Update Android Phone ? If you want to upgrade your Android Operating System Officially, the first thing you should know is that there are two ways: Via OTA, better known as Over The Air, that is through wireless data network, and through KIES in case of a Samsung, necessitating a PC connection through USB.
There are two ways to know if your device can be updated: The first one, can be a notification from the device itself, but if it never comes, you can also check Settings> About device> Software Update. If an update is available, then you will be notified.
Also Read : Advantages of Rooting Android
You can Update Android Phone in two Ways :
1) To Update Via OTA :
First you must make sure your battery is Sufficiently charged. We recommend making a backup of your phone data in case, and above all, do not remove the SIM or SD of your phone while updating. In the Software Update option, It will give you the option to upgrade from your mobile and then a few minutes, the job is done. It is available for all phones.
2) To Update Via KIES :
If you are a Samsung phone user and want to upgrade this way, you must first download the KIES software that is available for both Windows and Mac. We recommend you to have the latest update which you can download directly from the Samsung page by clicking here .
Also Read : Microsoft Office for Linux could launch in 2014
Once done, just follow a few simple steps.
- Connect your phone to your computer via its respective cable. (At this point you can make a backup)
- When KIES recognize the device, you will receive an onscreen message asking to upgrade to a new version of firmware. Click Update to continue.
- Read the Caution pop-up, and if you agree, click on the box “I have read the above information”, select the desired option of saving information and click “Start update”. A warning will be Displayed. Read the information and click Next to continue.
- The update will start and can take between 10-15 minutes. The phone can not be used during this time. Do not disconnect the phone from your PC, or turn off the PC. If the process is interrupted, the device may become Hardbrick.
- Wait until you restart the phone completely and then select “OK” to finish.
Now you have the Updated Android Samsung Mobile!
Continue to Part 2 - Update your Android Phone (Part 2)
How to Update Android Phone
You can also upgrade your phone via installing ROMs or via ODIN program but you will lose the warranty of the Phone.
If you know any other method to Update your Android Phone, pls feel free to tell them in the comments