When you turn on the computer, it may take a while to react to your actions, probably because there are too many programs set to start your OS. To avoid this problem, there is a way to verify What are the Startup Programs and Configure Windows Startup Programs .
How to Configure Windows Startup Programs
- Click the “Start” button to display the Start menu and click on “All Programs”. Select “Open”.
- Enter the folder “Programs” in the window that appears. Scroll down until you find the “Startup” folder. If there is a folder “Start” then click on “New Folder” and name it “home”.
- Go into your home folder. Drag and drop a program from the Start menu in the Windows startup folder to run automatically every time Windows is started . To prevent a program from running at startup, the first place to look is in the startup folder. In your home folder, right click on the program you want to disable and select “Delete.” Select “Yes” to confirm. If you do not delete the program or somehow affects, but is to avoid running at startup.
- Right click on the program icon in the system tray if you have one.
- Looking for an option like “Run on startup” or “Start on boot” that you can disable.
- Check the configuration or main application preferences for the implementation of options, if there is nothing in the right click menu. This is the best option for programs that do not use the home folder, since there is no way you can harm your computer.
- Open the Start menu and choose Control Panel. Select the “System and Security” and then “Administrative Tools”.
- Open the link “Services”.
- Right click on the service you want to stop and select “Properties”. In the “Startup type” dropdown, select “Off”. You could also press the “Stop” if the service is currently running. This method should be used to disable problematic services as a last resort. It is not to add new services.
- Holding down the Windows key and “R” to open the Run box.
- Type “msconfig” in the box and press “Enter” to bring up the System Configuration window. Select the “Startup” tab.
- Find the program you want to disable in the list and un-check the box. This method is the last resort to clear a program and is not suitable for creating new entries.
Also Read :
However, keep in mind that it is important not to disable the programs that have to do with the internet settings in Windows, or with the antivirus and firewall or you might experience problems on your computer. Hope this Article on How to Configure Windows Startup Programs helps you. If you know any other methods to Configure Windows Startup Programs, pls let us know 🙂